David Bomzer, Chairperson
Planning Committee Mission
The synagogue planning process is an extremely important function within TBA. Our future is in our hands and our committee has embraced this task with great fervor and dedication.
What we do now in putting together a plan for our future will affect all of us – including our children.
The planning process involves several steps:
1. Putting our finger on the pulse of the congregation. A survey is the tool by which we learn what our members think about the services we offer and what we should be offering into the future. Key elements we measure include lifelong learning (child and adult education), worship, support services, outreach and spirituality.
2. Analyzing what our members are telling us.
3. Stating the results of our analysis. This element of planning provides the key points of our strategic plan.
4. Stating our MISSION and VISION for the future. These synopses of the points of our plan tell us the overall direction of who we are now and who we will be in the future and how we’re going to get to where we want to be.
5. Bringing our plan back to the congregation. Starting with the board and then with our members, the Planning Committee will feed back to the congregation what we have heard and what we believe are the plans to answer the needs for our future. If we haven’t heard the story correctly, this is the chance to put the plans into final form.
The members of the Planning Committee are your leaders of yesterday, today and tomorrow. This vibrant collection of intellects is a true “dream team.” They are a close-knit group that has fun working hard together. They are dedicated to developing a plan which will serve TBA well.