Religious Action Center
Social Action Committee
Judaism teaches us to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God. As a congregation we embrace this teaching and its concomitant responsibility to engage in Tikkun Olam healing and repairing the world. It is the mission of the Social Action Committee to facilitate and to encourage the congregation, individually and collectively, to translate this commitment into action by:
* Providing opportunities for community service.
* Raising awareness and educating our congregation and community about issues of concern and motivating congregants to advocate for social justice
* Building partnerships with external organizations, both Jewish and general, that share our goals.
* Supporting and encouraging social action activities initiated and/or sponsored by other groups within the congregation.
* Providing the congregation with information about social action activities and opportunities throughout the community.
Through these efforts we hope to improve the lives of others and the betterment of our congregation, our community, and our world.
For more information contact Cathy Koffs or join us at our monthly meeting (see schedule below).